samedi 30 mai 2015

Fighting the daemon

This is a picture I made basically to test the power of some @motionVFX plug-ins such as mFlare and mVolumetric.
Rendering a scene like this one directly into Lightwave would have taken an awful lot of time. Here, the base render itself basically took 3 hours, and I added all the compositing elements afterwards in Motion 5 (if it's good for animation, why not for still images ?).
I added 4 particles emitters (arms, feet) for the fire, three volumetric lights for the church windows, and some lens flares, along with other lighting effects (sabers, or to enhance the colors).
This was of course greatly facilitated by the Lightwave compositing buffer export option, since I used a lot of specific passes (depth, occlusion, object-selective diffuse...) to place the effects.

Voici une image que j'ai réalisée principalement à fins de test pour voir de quoi étaient capables des plug-ins pour motion comme mFlare et mVolumetric de motionVFX.
Rendre une telle scène entièrement dans Lightwave aurait pris un temps absolument fou. Avec cette technique, le rendu de base a pris environ 3 heures, car tous les effets ont été ajoutés ensuite dans Motion 5 (s'il permet du compositing d'animation, pourquoi pas d'images fixes ?)
J'ai ajouté quatre émetteurs de particules (les bras et les pieds) pour les flammes, des lumières volumétriques pour les vitraux, et quelques lens flares ainsi que des effets de lumières moins visibles (orange pour récuser les effets du feu, ou vert pour les sabres).
Tout ceci a été rendu possible garce à l'option "compositing buffer export" de Lightwave, car j'ai eu recours à plusieurs passes différentes (telles que la profondeur, ou l'occlusion ambiante, ou encore des passes spécifiques à certains objets, comme Aïko ou le démon) pour affiner les effets.

Final composite

A screen grab from motion : lots of groups and layers !

samedi 23 mai 2015

CGTrader watercraft challenge

This is an original model I created for a CGTrader challenge called watercraft challenge. I was inspired here by the works of Albert Robida.
The model was created with Lightwave. UV maps were inwrapped with 3D_coat. Textures were made in Lightwave, then baked and enhanced in substance designer and substance painter.
Final renders were made in Lightwave 11.6.
The object will be exclusively sold on CGTrader, and exclusively for Lightwave.






dimanche 3 mai 2015

Publication de ma nouvelle Le Projet New Dawn

J'ai publié ce jour ma nouvelle sur le Projet New Dawn.
Elle est disponible en téléchargement gratuit sur lulu.com et devrait être disponible sous 48 heures sur le iBook store.

En attendant, vous pouvez voir le trailer vidéo sur ma chaine Youtube :